The most important skill to succeed in the workforce of the future is to be a lifelong learner. Learning something new every day doesn’t have to be work-related but anything that will broaden your general knowledge and enhance your quality of life. (Read more about the value of learning something new every day in 10 reasons to learn something new everyday from The Good Life Centre.)
This Challenge will help you build a habit of learning something new every day. Over the 30 days it will expose you to a variety of free sources and resources where you can learn something new everyday. The first part of the Challenge will consider a range of general resources, and the second part will look at some topic-specific resources. Your goal in this Challenge is to find a number of useful sources that will inspire you to continue to learn something new after the Challenge ends. This Challenge therefore provides a good general introduction to a range of online resources, tools and services as well as a new way of learning.
(Note: A subsequent Challenge, Keep up to date with your industry or profession, looks specifically at ways to learn continuously for your career.)
HOW TO TAKE THE CHALLENGE
When you sign up for the Challenge, you will receive an email with a username and password to the Challenge website where you will find out more about how the Challenge will run. You will then receive an email every day for 30 days with a link to the daily task at the website. You can either work through the tasks on your own or share your ideas and thoughts with others taking the Challenge.
COST per person
£49 – SIGN UP HERE AT THIS SPECIAL PRICE and follow the payment instructions below
Note: special rates are available for groups of 5 or more participants, and private challenges can also be run for organisations, teams or other groups. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- When you click on the Sign up link above you will be taken to a page at the PayPal site to pay by credit card or using your PayPal account.
- Sign in to you PayPal account OR Create an account to check out as Guest and pay by credit card. Complete the form with your credit card details. You will then receive a payment receipt from PayPal. Note: our merchant name is Tesserae Ltd, and this is the name that will appear on your credit card statement.
- If you are paying for more than one participant, please provide the name and email address of each participant in the Instructions to Merchant.
- Click Return to Tesserae Ltd to return to this site.
- You will then receive an email from us with your joining details.
- If you do not receive the email within 24 hours, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org